FULTON MARKET — Nearly 1,500 apartments will be built in Fulton Market after a megadevelopment received City Council approval Thursday.
New York-based developer Vista Properties will build three mixed-used towers at 370 N. Morgan St., 400 N. Morgan St. and 401 N. Morgan St. The buildings would include 492, 478 and 480 rental apartments respectively, with a mix of studios, one- and two-bedroom apartments.
Of those nearly 1,500 apartments, about 290 of them will be affordable. Additionally, a minimum of 317 parking spaces will be provided between the three buildings with ground floor retail in each, according to city documents.
The buildings will be at the intersection of Morgan and Kinzie streets, which currently houses surface lots and industrial buildings.
Here’s a breakdown of specifics by building:
370 N. Morgan St.
- 394 market-rate apartments
- 98 affordable apartments
- 142 parking spaces
- 399 feet tall with 34 stories
- 10,000 square footage of retail on the first floor
400 N. Morgan St.
- 383 market-rate apartments
- 95 affordable apartments
- 123 parking spaces
- 450 feet tall with 41 stories
- 4,800 square footage of retail space on the first floor
401 N. Morgan St.
- 384 market-rate apartments
- 96 affordable apartments
- The number of parking spaces hasn’t been determined yet
- 475 feet tall with 45 stories
- The amount of retail space hasn’t been determined yet
Parking spaces could serve both residential and commercial uses, the developers said during a community meeting in June. The project would also preserve most existing street parking.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast”: