CHICAGO — Ten Chicago Public Library branches have extended their hours — with more to come, the Mayor’s Office announced Sunday.
The branches extended their hours to be open 1-5 p.m. Sundays so people can access resources like free internet, according to a Mayor’s Office news release. There are now 34 branches that have done so, with more to come this month.
The latest libraries to extend their Sunday hours:
- Albany Park, 3401 W. Foster Ave. Hours here.
- West Belmont, 3104 N. Narragansett Ave. Hours here.
- Mayfair, 4400 W. Lawrence Ave. Hours here.
- Jefferson Park, 5363 W. Lawrence Ave. Hours here.
- Budlong Woods, 5630 N. Lincoln Ave. Hours here.
- Lincoln Belmont, 1659 W. Melrose St. Hours here.
- Brighton Park, 4314 S. Archer Ave. Hours here.
- Avalon, 8148 S. Stony Island Ave. Hours here.
- Vodak — East Side, 3710 E. 106th St. Hours here.
- South Chicago, 9055 S. Houston Ave. Hours here.
Subscribe to Block Club Chicago, an independent, 501(c)(3), journalist-run newsroom. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.
Listen to “It’s All Good: A Block Club Chicago Podcast” here: