LINCOLN SQUARE — Neighborhood group Heart of Lincoln Square will host elected officials and community leaders this Saturday for a “state of the neighborhood” event.
The free event begins at 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Davis Theater, 4614 N. Lincoln Ave.
Speakers expected to attend include:
• Ald. Andre Vasquez (40th)
• Ald. Matt Martin (47th)
• U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley (5th)
• Il Senate President John J. Cullerton
• Il State Rep. Greg Harris (13th)
• Il State Rep. Ann Williams (11th)
• Cook County Commissioner Bridget Gainer (10th)
• Cook County Commissioner Bridget Degnen (12th)
• Brent Matthew Webb, American Legion Post 973 – Tattler Post
Saturday’s event aims to drive home the importance of grassroots involvement in the neighborhood. You can RSVP here.
The Heart of Lincoln Square neighborhood association was formed in 2017 to organize neighbors in the area bounded by Damen, Western, Montrose and Lawrence into a civic organization.
Do stories like this matter to you? Subscribe to Block Club Chicago. Every dime we make funds reporting from Chicago’s neighborhoods.