CHICAGO — Carjackers have struck at least five times in recent weeks in Lincoln Park, police said.
The carjackers walked up to victims who were sitting inside or near their cars and announced a robbery, according to a Chicago Police community alert. They took the victims’ property and cars by threatening them.
In at least one case, the carjackers robbed a victim at gunpoint, police said.
The carjackings occurred:
- Evening of March 24 in the 2200 block of North Lincoln Avenue
- Evening of March 24 in the 2200 block of North Lincoln Park West
- Morning of March 25 in the 2300 block of North Cleveland Avenue
- Evening of April 15 in the 2100 block of North Fremont Street
- Saturday evening in the 2200 block of North Lincoln Avenue
The robbers were described as one to four boys or men who were 15-25 years old, police said. No detailed description was available.
Anyone with information about the carjackings was asked to call police at 312-747-8380.