- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Here’s How A Local Group Is Reviving The Chicago River’s Freshwater Mussels
Urban Rivers has helped reproduce more than 1,500 mussels, which improve the water quality by filter feeding and removing pollutants, an organizer said.
The Wild Mile’s First Stretch Is Ready, Bringing Floating Gardens, Paths And More To Chicago River’s North Branch
PHOTOS: The Wild Mile is an ambitious project to turn a 1-mile stretch of the Chicago River from North to Halsted into a floating, wildlife-first educational park.
North Branch’s Wild Mile Gets A Blast Of Green As Shedd Aquarium Helps Add New Floating Island
Wild Mile Chicago includes floating islands in the North Branch Canal just east of Goose Island.
‘Wild Mile’ On Track To Bring Wildlife, Kayaking, Waterfall And More To Chicago River’s North Branch By 2020, Planners Say
The project will transform the east side of the river, across from Goose Island, but plans include nature elements in Bucktown at the corner of North and Magnolia Avenues.