welcoming city ordinance
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Sanctuary City Ordinance Signed Into Law, Better Protecting Chicago’s Immigrants From ICE
The Welcoming City ordinance closes loopholes that allowed the Police Department to work with ICE, protecting undocumented immigrants.
Lightfoot Calls Out Aldermen For Making ‘Racist’ Comments Against Sanctuary City Ordinance: ‘Shame On You’
The mayor slammed Alds. Anthony Napolitano Raymond Lopez, who opposed changes to the sanctuary city ordinance Wednesday. “Being an immigrant is not a crime,” Lightfoot said.