Von Humboldt School
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Proposal To Turn Closed Humboldt Park School Into Apartment Complex Advances
Ald. La Spata said he pressed the developer to ensure the former school could be turned into homes for those being priced out of Logan Square.
Plan To Turn Von Humboldt School Into Apartment Complex Geared Toward Teachers Draws Heated Reaction From Residents
"It should be housing for families who have been displaced from our neighborhoods," one resident said at a chaotic community meeting Monday evening.
Plan To Turn Closed Von Humboldt School Into Teacher-Focused Apartment Complex Still On The Table As Neighbors Weigh In
It's the first meeting under new Ald. La Spata (1st), who in June said he wouldn't support the project unless the developer included more affordable family-sized apartments.
Plan To Turn Closed Von Humboldt School Into Teacher-Focused Apartment Complex Makes Its Way Through City Hall
The plan is to repurpose the school at 2620 W. Hirsch St. and carve out approximately 116 apartments, classrooms, community space and offices.
Vacant Since Mass School Closings, Von Humboldt Still On Track To Become Apartment Complex Geared Toward Teachers
The project, first proposed in 2016, would transform the shuttered school into a mixed-use development, where teachers can live, eat, shop and take classes.