- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
As City Struggles With Shootings, Violence Interrupters In Irving Park And Albany Park Are Working Toward Peace
Tuesday's block party allowed the Alliance of Local Service Organizations's outreach team to explain their approach to reducing violence. They also learned more about neighbors' concerns.
Violence Interrupters Are Coming To Albany Park In January. Here’s How They Will Work
Shootings are finally falling in the area, but many residents want interruption work to continue to address the root causes of violence.
How Can We Save Chicago Kids From Spiking Gun Violence? ‘We Need All Hands On Deck,’ Mediators, Activists Say
Nearly four dozen children younger than 18 — including babies and toddlers — have been shot to death this year amid a surge of gun violence across Chicago.
Street Outreach Programs Get $6 Million Boost To Curb Violence On South And West Sides
Most recently, violence interrupters have been tackling another epidemic disproportionately impacting Black Chicagoans: coronavirus.