UChicago for Fair Tuition
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
500 UChicago Students Say They Aren’t Paying Tuition Until The School Agrees To Cut Fees During Pandemic
Organizers with UChicago for Fair Tuition are considering a class-action lawsuit against the university if officials won't negotiate directly with students.
UChicago Students Protest At President Zimmer’s House, Demanding Tuition Cut
The university froze tuition for next year, but some students still want tuition to be cut in half as classes moves online because of coronavirus.
UChicago Freezes Tuition For Undergrads, School of Social Service Administration
Organizers with UChicago for Fair Tuition claim a victory after calling for a tuition freeze a few weeks ago, but a tuition strike is still on the table unless the university negotiates with students on the group's four other demands.
UChicago Students Want A Tuition Cut Amid Coronavirus Remote Learning, But University Says No
About 300 students have committed to a tuition strike if the university doesn't negotiate in good faith by April 29, according to organizers with UChicago for Fair Tuition.