- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Chicago Police Are Arresting Thousands More Black Drivers After Traffic Stops Than They Report
An analysis by Block Club Chicago and Injustice Watch found thousands of missing traffic stops that ended in gun possession arrests in data Chicago police are required to report to the Illinois Department of Transportation.
West Side Drivers Are Stopped By Cops The Most In Chicago. But 94% Of Stops Don’t Lead To Tickets
The data raises questions about whether cops are targeting traffic stops in majority Black neighborhoods to prevent violent crime — a move that would violate people's constitutional rights, critics said. And if they are, the strategy isn't working.
Cops Rarely Pull Over Drivers In Their Own Neighborhoods, Data Shows. Motorists In Black Neighborhoods Aren’t So Lucky
Drivers are least likely to be pulled over on the far Northwest and Southwest sides, where many first responders live. Ald. Nick Sposato said that's because "white people just know how to talk their way out of a ticket."