- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Cook County Sheriff’s Office Launches Initiative To Investigate Old Missing Persons Cases
Three full-time detectives will work with local law enforcement on cases dating back to 1930, with priority on missing women.
Advocates Demand Proof Sheriff Is Implementing Sanitation, Social Distancing In Cook County Jail
Attorneys are asking a federal judge to order the Sheriff to prove the jail is complying with an earlier injunction that requires added sanitation, testing, and PPE for detainees.
95 Percent Of Chicagoans Listed As Gang Members By Chicago Police Are Black, Latino, Watchdog Audit Finds
Department officials cannot confirm gang designations “are based on reliable evidence” or ensure that the data “serves a legitimate law enforcement purpose,” according to the audit.
The Cook County Sheriff’s Office Says Its Gang Database Is On Lockdown, But Questions Remain
Many welcomed the announcement that the sheriff took the database offline. But the office has resisted calls to destroy it immediately or publicly explain other details of its plans.