- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Plans For The Controversial Near South Side High School Are Underway. Here’s What You Need To Know
The Board of Education will decide in June if it will create the school. A committee has been created to get feedback from families in the meantime.
As City Council Approves $8 Million TIF For Proposed Near South High School, Those Opposed Vow To Keep Fighting
The coalition of activists want city officials to consider other alternatives to a new school, like repurposing Jones College Prep to accommodate neighborhood students and reinvesting in existing high schools.
Local Alderman Joins State Rep, Activists In Pledging To Block Controversial Near South Side High School
Ald. Byron Sigcho-Lopez and State Rep. Theresa Mah said they will try to halt millions in state and city funding until city leaders make good on their promise to engage the community.
Chinatown Residents Call For More Cameras, Lights — But Also Long-Term Solutions After Woom Sing Tse Killed
Neighbors said they're concerned about safety after the 71-year-old was slain. They're already working on social programs that could prevent violence in the future.