- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
ChiFresh Kitchen, Co-Op That Hires Formerly Incarcerated People To Cook For Those In Need, Finds A New Home In Greater Grand Crossing
Within two years, co-op members hope to be making 5,000 meals daily at a new facility at 400 E. 71st St.
West Side Teens Who Created Austin Harvest Aim To Make It A Year-Round Fresh Market
The teen-led Austin Harvest project has reopened its fresh markets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The youth want to make it available year-round.
Food Co-Ops Team Up To Feed More Families In Need On South, West Sides: ‘We’ll Be Stronger Together’
Three co-ops have formed ChiMeals, a collective dedicated to supporting Chicagoans experiencing food insecurity.
The West Side’s Cocoa Chili Restaurant Is An ‘Educational Foodie Experience’ Geared For Social Change
Head Chef Niquenya Collins uses her Afro-Caribbean soul food to bring people to the table and connect West Siders with the resources they need to succeed.
West Side Projects Win Recognition At Neighborhood Development Awards
The Austin Quality of Life Plan, a blueprint for the neighborhood's future, and the Hatchery Chicago, a food business incubator, won awards.
Packed Garfield Park Valentine’s Market Proves ‘There Is A Lot Of Buying Power On The West Side’
Of the 32 vendors at the market, 80 percent are West Side entrepreneurs. And lots of the small business are being helped by the new sprawling, $34 million food incubator in Garfield Park.