Strides for Peace
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
‘Choose Hope’ Film Series Highlights Chicagoans Building Up The Neighborhoods They Love
The film series, to be screened Thursday at Siskel Film Center, allows residents of disinvested communities to tell their own stories and "to be heard," a panelist said.
Race Against Gun Violence Shows Need For On-The-Ground Violence Prevention, Organizers Say
This year's virtual race will have participants running or walking wherever they feel comfortable, including parks, bike paths and treadmills.
South Side Peace Walk, Rally Invite Chicagoans To See Neighborhoods For More Than Their Struggles
A Washington Park peace walk Saturday and a Grand Crossing rally Aug. 27 will show residents united on "a positive front," an organizer said.
‘Choose Hope’ Virtual Film Series Highlights 10 Community Groups Working For A Better Chicago
Ten films highlighting how community organizations battled gun violence, coronavirus and civic unrest will be screened and discussed Wednesday through the Gene Siskel Film Center.