Stateville Correctional Center
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Wrongly Convicted Of Murder, Juan Rivera Uses Settlement Money To Open Barber College With His Former Prison Guard In Rogers Park
Juan Rivera got his barber license with the help of prison guard Bobby Mattison while serving time for a crime he didn't commit. Now they have opened Legacy Barber College in Rogers Park.
As Coronavirus Cases Surge In Illinois Prisons, Families And Advocates Demand More Action From State Leaders
COVID-19 infections in state prisons have surged far higher than during previous spikes. More than 11,000 inmates and staff have contracted coronavirus this year.
Ex-Felons Are Working To Get Out The Vote Among Former Illinois Inmates — And They’re Paying Extra Attention To Judges
The vast majority of people released from prison believe they no longer have the right to vote. They can vote in Illinois, and many are encouraging them to cast a ballot in this week's election.
Sick Inmate’s Wife Terrified Coronavirus Will Kill Downstate Prisoners Who Lack Supplies: ‘Every Other Cell … Someone Is Sick’
At Stateville, the woman's husband still has a cellmate who's staying with him despite his illness, she said. And staff walk around, interacting with the men who are incarcerated. "A lot of them are coughing."