St. Adalbert Church
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Pilsen Parishioners Camping Outside Former Catholic Church To Block Archdiocese From Removing Beloved La Pietà Statue
For years, Polish and Mexican parishioners fought side by side the save St. Adalbert's church. Now, they're fighting to keep a statue there. "I was ready to chain myself to the gate."
St. Adalbert Church Could Become Chicago Landmark Under Proposal By Ald. Sigcho-Lopez
The freshman alderman wants to landmark the church and its rectory building, according to a letter submitted to the Department of Planning and Development.
Beloved Pilsen Church Parishioners Fought To Save Being Sold To Developer For $4 Million
St. Adalbert Church is slated to be sold to City Pads, a developer that was under fire for painting over the Casa Aztlan mural.
In Fight With Archdiocese, Alderman Moves To Rezone Closed Pilsen Church To Only Allow Parks Or Green Space To Replace It
The alderman aims to send a message to the Archdiocese of Chicago: "They can't simply shut their doors, turn a profit, and permanently alter the core of a community without transparency and input."
Should Pilsen Become A Historic Landmark District? Some Say City Is Trying To ‘Shove This Down Our Throats’
The process initially was set to extend late into the summer, but was expedited after someone tried to demolish three buildings in the proposed district.