Southside Together Organizing for Power
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Neighbors Celebrate Closure Of General Iron, But Scrappers Now Unsure Where To Take Truckloads Of Metal
The morning after an explosion that forced the shutdown of the Lincoln Park metal recycling plant, scrap metal collectors showed up looking to unload.
City’s Scaled-Back Obama Center Housing Plan Doesn’t Do Enough To Protect Woodlawn, Alderman Says
"I don't want to kill [the city's plan], but if that's what needs to happen to make sure we're not displaced, then that's what's got to happen," Ald. Jeanette Taylor said.
North Side Alderman Tours Woodlawn As Obama Center Activists Urge Him To Support Community Benefits Agreement
Ald. Harry Osterman (48th) said he would continue working with South Side aldermen and activists — but he didn't commit a timeline for bringing the CBA ordinance up for a vote in the housing committee.
With Obama Center On Horizon, Rent Hikes Already Hitting Woodlawn Residents: ‘They Want To Stay Here’
The Obama Center's visibility provides a unique chance to draw attention to the issues behind gentrification in Chicago. "We want the library to be here, but we also don't want to be displaced," one neighbor said.