Southeast Environmental Task Force
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
After Rejecting Claims Of Environmental Racism, City Moves To Settle Civil Rights Complaint With Feds
After the feds found the city clustered polluters in Black and Brown neighborhoods, the city is negotiating ways to make its zoning policies more equitable — averting the threat of millions in lost funding for now.
City Repeatedly Breaks Promises To South Siders When Approving Polluters And Demolitions
From the Hilco demolition that covered Little Village in dust to General Iron's exit from Lincoln Park, city officials have promised and failed to be transparent with South Siders. Neighbors "don’t have any trust left at this point to be eroded,” one said.
Decades Of Racist City Policies Pushed Polluters To The Southeast Side, Residents Say — And Feds Should Investigate
The city's push to allow General Iron to move from Lincoln Park to East Side triggered a federal complaint from environmental activists.