South Side Community Art Center
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Faheem Majeed’s Newest Exhibition, A Love Letter To The South Side Community Art Center, Showing In Hyde Park This Summer
The exhibition taps into Majeed's experience running the South Side Community Art Center in Bronzeville, the oldest Black art center in the United States still operating in its original building.
For 80 Years, The South Side Community Art Center Has Been A Hub For Black Art In Chicago. Now, It Needs Your Help
With a goal of $10,000, the Chicago Printers Guild's Raise It Up fundraiser will help the 80-year-old Black art center in Bronzeville pay for improvements to its main floor gallery.
South Side Community Art Center To Be Honored With Shows By Faheem Majeed
The South Side Community Art Center "is not a mausoleum. It's a temple, which means it's still producing," said Majeed, an artist and former executive director of the center.
The South Side Community Arts Center Helped Artist Faheem Majeed Grow. Now, He’s Paying It Forward
With a $50,000 Joyce Foundation grant, Majeed aims to spread the word about an undervalued South Side institution through art.