South Shore HIgh School
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Closed South Shore School Will Become Police Training Center As City Council Approves Controversial Plan
Neighbors said in March they didn’t get a proper chance to vet the city's plan.
Aldermen OK Controversial Plan To Use Closed South Shore High school For Police Training
The former Chicago public high school is one vote away from becoming a temporary police training facility.
South Shore Neighbors Blindsided As Plan To Turn Closed School Into Police Training Center Is Resurrected
Mayor Lori Lightfoot's team praised the "inclusive and collaborative process" of drafting plans for the old school site, but the last meeting was on a Friday night — and no notice was posted online.
Students And Parents Who Paid Thousands For Canceled Spring Break Trips Want Answers From CPS, EF Tours
Despite buying travel insurance, EF Tours has refused to refund Chicago families. Now the district says it will pay — but when and how?
Old South Shore High School Will Become Police Professional Development Center
Some neighbors wondered why only residents who live closest to the building were told to attend Friday night's community meeting.
South Shore High School Won’t Become A Police Academy — At Least Not Yet, Alderman Says
CTU President Jesse Sharkey called the plan to turn the closed school into a police training academy "a slap in the face of the community."