South East Chicago Commission
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Some Landlords Keep Their Storefronts Empty For Years — And Get Tax Breaks For It. Business Leaders Want To Change That
Small business advocates want to limit the tax breaks property owners can get on vacant storefronts. On 75th Street, three in five storefronts were vacant as of last year.
Hyde Park Farmers Market Returns Sunday In New Location, Open Weekly Through September
The market — now located behind Hyde Park Bank — also will bring in local creators for live performances and art installations this season.
‘Artists As Leaders’: New Citywide Arts Lab Supports Creatives As They Encourage Neighborhood Investment
The South East Chicago Commission's first citywide effort, the Arts and Cultural Capital Lab, offers financial and technical support to artists interested in building their community's wealth.
Woodlawn Community Summit Will Bring Together Neighbors To Talk Quality Of Life Issues Saturday
Sen. Dick Durbin, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and Chicago Housing Commissioner Marisa Novara are scheduled to speak. Here's how to register.