Soul City Corridor
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
A Redesign Of Chicago Avenue In Austin Will Use Art To Represent The Neighborhood’s History And Heritage
The corridor improvement plan will improve sidewalks, streets and landscaping while also creating public art that will contribute to a unified look and feel for Chicago Avenue.
Chicago Avenue Upgrades Will Include Better Lighting, Public Seating To Bring Soul City Corridor To Life
Building on community-led plans, the city's transportation department is giving one of North Austin's main economic hubs a makeover.
A Popular West Side Dessert Shop Is Getting A Sweet Makeover With An Expanded Dining Area, New Facade
Bitoy's Sweet Treats in Austin was awarded a city Neighborhood Opportunity Fund grant, which will be used to upgrade the building and customer experience.
Chicago Children’s Choir Kicks Off Summer Of Music, Arts And Outdoor Dining In Austin
The kids' performance is part of a summer-long effort to use public art and performances to spur local tourism and boost businesses.
Two Sisters Catering Brings Sweet And Savory Soul Food To Austin’s Budding Soul City Corridor
The restaurant will be part of what Austin community organizers hope will be a revival of Chicago Avenue, making the area a hub for Black culture and history on the West Side.
Outdoor Dining And Artist-Designed Planters Will Help Make Austin A Hub For Art And Culture This Summer
The improvements to Madison Street and Chicago Avenue are part of city push to boost tourism and help small businesses recover from the pandemic.