- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
At Least 8,000 Chicago Families Living In Poverty Aren’t Getting Food Assistance, Depository Says. New Program Aims To Find Out Why
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is partnering with neighborhood groups to identify why some families in need aren't getting public benefits. "We really want to take the time to learn the different barriers people face."
Austin City Market Extended After Successful Summer That Saw Three Times The Normal Traffic
The market helps provide affordable and healthy food access to residents in an area with few grocery stores.
Need Help Getting Food? You Can Now Apply For SNAP Online
Secretary Grace Hou is encouraging people to apply online so they don't have to go outside and put themselves — or state employees — at risk.
Hoarders Clearing Store Shelves Leave Little Food For SNAP Recipients Who Can’t Afford To Stock Up
Vulnerable seniors on fixed incomes fear they will be most affected by the coronavirus panic. "People need to buy only one or two, but they buy 20."