- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Smartbar In Wrigleyville Reopening This Weekend: ‘We Cannot Wait To Dance With You’
Smartbar, the indie nightclub known for its house and techno music, is welcoming people for the first time since March 2020.
Public Invited To Virtual Memorial For Late Chicago Music Fixture, Activist Christen Thomas
Thomas, 38, died in April after a cardiac arrest. With the pandemic limiting funeral services, her loved ones say this will be a much-needed chance for closure.
First To Close, Last To Open: Will Chicago’s Independent Music Venues Survive The Coronavirus?
The owners of Chicago's music venues say federal relief efforts won't help them survive unless changes are made — and they're asking music fans to amplify their message.
Christen Thomas, A Fixture In Chicago’s Music Scene And ‘Cheerleader’ For The City, Dies At 38: ‘A Huge Loss’
“Nothing ever stopped her from doing what she wanted because everything she wanted was good and pure and for the betterment of the people around her."