Sims Metal Management
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Pilsen Environmental Group Calls On City To Deny New Permit For Sims Metal Shredder
Sims Metal Management was sued by the Illinois Attorney General’s office this fall for allegedly breaking air pollution laws. It's located less than a mile from three schools.
Pilsen Metal Scrapper Sued By State For Allegedly Breaking Air Pollution Laws
"I am committed to holding Sims accountable for endangering public health," Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul said in a statement.
Aldermen Push To Shutter Metal Scrappers During Coronavirus Pandemic
Officials worry General Iron and Sims Metal Management neighbors are at greater risk because of the respiratory nature of COVID-19.