- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Aldermen Poised For Long-Awaited Chance To Grill Police Over Controversial ShotSpotter Technology
Two reports have panned the gunshot detecting system as ineffective, kicking up a backlash among activists and some aldermen.
ShotSpotter Alerts Rarely Result In Evidence Of Gun Crime, City Watchdog Says
ShotSpotter is touted by police for its real-time gunshot detection technology, but it has been under scrutiny for months. Previous reports determined it’s too unreliable for routine use.
Activists Want City To Cut Ties With ShotSpotter — But Chicago Police Already Extended Its Contract Two More Years
The contract, which was set to expire last week, now runs until August 2023.
Chicago Should Cancel ShotSpotter Contract After Report Shows Police Influence On Technology, Activists Say
ShotSpotter is touted by police for its real-time gunshot detection technology, but recent reports have cast doubt on its reliability.
85 Percent Of ShotSpotter Alerts Are Dead Ends — But Officers Coached To Think They’re Responding To Dangerous Situations, Study Finds
A new analysis argues ShotSpotter is too inaccurate for routine use. But police say the technology speeds up response time to shootings.