- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
South Chicago Community Leaders, Social Workers Headline Upcoming Conference On Healing From Trauma
The free five-day symposium on community healing and activism starts next Monday and features state Sen. Robert Peters (D-13th) as keynote speaker.
Young Chicagoans March Against Gun Violence, Remember Those They Lost: ‘I’m Tired Of Seeing My Friends In Caskets’
The marchers said reinvesting 2 percent of the police budget into robust mental health services, schools and grocery stores could help stop the bloodshed.
State Legislators Discuss Police Reform, Businesses’ Response To Looting At Hyde Park/Kenwood Forum
Two lawmakers now are calling for an emergency legislative session to address police reform and the rebuilding of communities following a week of unrest.
‘Now Is The Time’ To Provide Housing Relief And End Overpolicing Of Black People, Coalition Says
"It is unfortunate that it has taken a crisis to bring the impact of these inequalities to the forefront," union leader Greg Kelley said at a press conference of Black community leaders.
Preckwinkle Aide Picked To Replace Kwame Raoul During Weekend Meeting, Frustrating Some Residents: ‘The Fix Was In’
"The residents didn't want a secret meeting. ... Why schedule something this important an hour before the Bears playoffs?"