- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Renters Ask West Side Legislators To Lift Ban On Rent Control At Forum For Landlords, Tenants
Tenants called for solutions to high rent costs, while landlords asked for help staying afloat through the eviction moratorium.
With 1 Million Illinois Residents Facing Eviction, Tenants Rights Group Calls For Rent, Mortgage Relief
The expiring eviction moratorium will "let loose an avalanche of misery on… Illinoisians that can’t make the rent,” organizers said, urging Gov. JB Pritzker to extend the eviction moratorium and cancel rent and mortgage payments.
Supporters Of Rent Control Hit Roadblock In Springfield, But Vow To Keep Up Fight Against ‘Powerful’ Real Estate Lobby
“The real estate lobby is very powerful,” Guzzardi said. “It is going to take a long, hard slog to beat these guys.”
Voters In North Side Wards Overwhelmingly Support Lifting State Ban On Rent Control
But Lori Lightfoot and Toni Preckwinkle — the two mayoral candidates headed to an April runoff — are split on the issue.
Some Portage Park And Jefferson Park Voters To Weigh In On Lifting State Ban On Rent Control
The rent control question will appear on ballots in the 45th Ward for voters who live around the Six Corners Shopping District and Wilson Park.
Three More Chicago Wards Asked Tuesday If They Want Ban On Rent Control Lifted
Illinois has banned rent control since 1997. The ballot questions on Tuesday will be the second time this year residents will weigh in on whether the state should repeal the ban.