- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
With School Libraries Closed, Open Books Literacy Nonprofit Is Giving Free Books To Pilsen Kids
Open Books, 905 W. 19th St., opened a free bookstore for kids in late September. The nonprofit has also adopted a pay-what-you-can option for grown-ups.
CPS Giving Parents A Week To Decide Whether To Send Kids To School Or Choose Remote Learning
District officials said they need time to plan based on how many families choose all-remote learning. The Teachers Union wants CPS to open for remote learning only this fall.
Black And Latino Students In Chicago Were More Likely To Receive ‘Incompletes’ During Pandemic
Overall, all students received more As and failed fewer classes following the district’s new grading policy
Nearly 4 Out Of 5 Chicago Students Are Logging On To Do Schoolwork, But Not All Participate Equally
Less than 60% of CPS students logged on for remote learning three times a week, data shows.