red purple bypass
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
CTA Begins Demolishing ‘L’ Tracks Between Belmont And Cornelia, Will Remove Slight Curve That Slows Trains
The reconstruction of the Lakeview tracks is the latest stage of the $2.1 billion Red and Purple Modernization Project.
Brown Line’s Flyover At Belmont Begins Service Friday Morning
Brown Line trains will now completely circumvent the Red and Purple line tracks in Lakeview by following a new set of tracks that go over the other two lines.
Brown Line’s Flyover At Belmont Takes Shape As Steel Installed To Send Trains Over Red Line
Builders have laid the first pieces of steel framework that will soon allow northbound Brown Line trains to bypass the Red and Purple line tracks north of Lakeview's Belmont CTA station.