Red Line Extension
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Red Line Extension Gets Nearly $2 Billion Boost From Feds
Mayor Brandon Johnson and embattled CTA President Dorval Carter touted the "critical" federal investment Friday in a rare public appearance together.
Red Line Extension TIF Approved, Sending Nearly $1 Billion To Far South Side Project Over 35 Years
Alderpeople approved a "transit TIF" district covering properties up to a half-mile from the Red Line between Madison Street and Pershing Road.
CTA Primed To Buy Land Along Red Line Extension’s Path As Transit TIF Gets Key City Approval
The deal will allow the Cook County Land Bank to secure dozens of Far South Side properties until the CTA is ready to take them over to expand the Red Line.
Lightfoot Backs Proposal To Use Downtown TIF Dollars To Bankroll Long-Awaited Red Line Extension
The project would extend the Red Line from its end point at 95th Street to 130th Street. Officials hope the federal government will provide the majority of funding for the $3.6 billion project.
Far South Siders Have Been Promised A Red Line Extension For 50 Years. Now, The CTA Says It’s Closer Than Ever To Happening
A $3.6 billion plan would extend the Red Line nearly 6 miles from 95th Street to 130th Street. As the CTA pushes forward, Far South Siders hope the extension will bring the jobs and development they were promised.