- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Aldermen Decry City’s Year-Long Tree Trimming Backlog: ‘I Can’t Say It Enough — Forestry, Forestry, Forestry’
Streets and Sanitation leaders also revealed the city's dismal recycling rate remained flat at 8 or 9 percent.
Waste Management Ousted From Chicago’s Recycling Program
Waste Management lost the city’s Blue Cart contract after a BGA investigation revealed how the company charged the city twice for processing materials in recycling bins.
Chicago’s ‘Never Gotten It Right’ With Recycling, Lightfoot Says
Less than 9 percent of Chicago's waste is recycled, while the national average is 35 percent.
Chicago Failing To Enforce Recycling Rules In Big Buildings, Businesses — And Has Abysmal Results To Show For It, Watchdog Says
The city “makes no attempt" to identify big building owners who don't offer recycling, even though more than 40 percent of Chicagoans live in high-density buildings, the inspector general said.
Chicago Aldermen Call For Hearings Into Failing City Recycling Programs
Citing an investigation by the BGA that revealed systemic failures in Chicago’s Blue Cart recycling program, aldermen demand public examination aimed at improving the city’s worst-in-the-nation programs.
How Many Of Chicago’s 77,000 Big Buildings Recycle? Nobody Knows.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel's plan to take recycling to Chicago's high rises and commercial buildings has fallen short because of lax enforcement and a series of bureaucratic snafus.