- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Theaster Gates’ Arts Incubator And Garden Will Prove ‘There Is Life’ In South Side’s Vacant Properties
The artist and developer previewed two Rebuild Foundation projects in South Shore: an incubator at the old St. Laurence School and the Kenwood Gardens community space.
Artist Brandon Breaux’s ‘Everyday Black Heroes’ Honors A Modern Hero Each Day
Black artists, activists and educators are recognized this month in the South Side artist's nod to living history at the Stony Island Arts Bank and on Instagram.
Currency Exchange Cafe Reopens Next Week, Providing A Platform For Artists And Chefs Of Color Hit Hard By Pandemic
With performances, artist residencies and a pop-up record store, the "Retreat" activation at the Washington Park cafe will "support artists who have lost space," one leader said.
Artists And Creatives Can Learn How To Launch A Business At Woodlawn Academy
A course that begins this week will teach budgeting, marketing, bookkeeping and other business skills.
Stony Island Arts Bank Resumes Outdoor Activities With Great Black Music Ensemble Aug. 16
Performers with the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians will play a concert from 5–7 p.m. Aug. 16. It's the arts bank's first outdoor program in four months.
Theaster Gates’ Rebuild Foundation To Bring Ceramics, Yoga Studios To Grand Crossing
The foundation plans to build “3 artist pods, a wood fired kiln, and open space for outdoor programs like yoga, dance classes, and meditation" to be used seasonally.