- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Side Neighborhood Sees 58% Drop In Shootings Thanks To Violence Prevention Programs, Outreach Workers Say￼
Outreach workers are connecting with vulnerable people, offering support to reduce their risk for violence. The result: fewer shootings, advocates say.
West Side Violence Interrupters Working To Bring Hope, Purpose To Young Residents — Before They Pick Up A Gun
Three years ago, the city dedicated less than $1 million to violence prevention. But this year, $36 million is going to violence prevention and related programs, on top of at least $38 million from private organizations.
Street Outreach Groups Join Forces In Lawndale To ‘Interrupt Violence Deep In The Trenches’
The collaborative of violence prevention groups is focusing on North Lawndale to scale up street outreach work.
Avalon Park Neighbors Pray For Jaya Beemon’s Killers’ Capture — And Their Forgiveness
Attendees at Friday's prayer circle called on the community to rally in support of the Beemon family, while urging Chicago Police to bring the shooters to justice.
If City Wants Gun Violence To Drop 20%, It Must Invest In Prevention Programs, Activists Say
Though Mayor Lori Lightfoot's 2020 budget increased violence prevention funding by nearly $10 million, organizers say that's still not enough to reach their goal.
50 City-Owned Vacant Lots On South And West Sides Getting Makeovers As Part Of Job Training Push
The Grounds for Peace program kicked off on Tuesday.