- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
City Will Shut Down General Iron Following Monday Explosion, Alderman Says
A Monday morning explosion sent a plume of smoke into the air and hazardous material response teams to the controversial metal-shredding plant.
Neighbors Say General Iron Pollution Puts Them More At Risk During Coronavirus Crisis, But Scrapper Says It’s ‘Essential’
The owner of General Iron said the scrap metal yard is an essential business. Neighbors, including Ald. Brian Hopkins (2nd), disagree.
Neighbors Of General Iron Ask EPA To Return To Chicago For Independent Study Of ‘Fluff’
Neighbors say the dust coming from the facility should be studied further before General Iron moves to the Southeast Side.
Will Lincoln Yards Vote Be Delayed? Hopkins Says Maybe After Mayoral Candidates, Neighbors Call For Stall
"Why not wait? The voters spoke," a member of one neighborhood group said.