Protect Our Parks
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
U.S. Supreme Court Denies Petition To Stop Obama Center Construction In Jackson Park
Protect Our Parks had filed the petition Aug. 16, the same day the Obama Foundation broke ground for the presidential center.
Federal Judge Denies Bid To Halt Obama Center’s Construction In Jackson Park
A U.S. District Court judge ruled against South Side residents' request to pause the center's construction during their latest lawsuit, but the judge didn't dismiss the case outright.
Protect Our Parks Files New Lawsuit Seeking To Stop Obama Center’s Construction In Jackson Park
The suit was filed Wednesday, the same day officials announced work would begin to prep for the Obama Center's groundbreaking later this year.
Park Activists, City Officials Return To Court In Ongoing Battle Over Obama Center Construction
Protect Our Parks is appealing a district court judge's dismissal of its lawsuit seeking to block the Obama Presidential Center's construction in Jackson Park.