- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
‘Anger And Panic’ As Pilsen Landlords Scramble To Appeal Skyrocketing Tax Assessments
About 58 percent of homeowners in the 25th Ward, which includes Pilsen, saw higher property tax bills this year compared to 2020. But more than 93 percent of commercial owners in the ward were hit with tax hikes.
After Decades In Wicker Park, Senior Homeowners Forced Out By Skyrocketing Property Taxes: ‘This Neighborhood Has Broken My Heart’
Some homeowners bought their buildings in the '70s and '80s. But gentrification has made their property tax bills bigger than a mortgage — and they don't qualify for valuable tax breaks.