Preservation of Affordable Housing
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
300 Apartments Near Obama Center Will Remain Affordable For Decades As Jackson Park Terrace Sells For $25 Million
The commitment to maintain affordable housing at Jackson Park Terrace comes as Woodlawn residents work to prevent displacement amid the Obama Center’s construction.
A $30 Million Grant In Woodlawn Led To $400 Million In Investment, Revitalizing Neighborhood, Study Finds
Nonprofit developer Preservation of Affordable Housing used the $30.5 million grant to boost housing and amenities, sending Woodlawn on an "upswing." But more work needs to be done, local leaders said.
Woodlawn’s Island Terrace Apartments Will Stay Affordable Under New Owners — Even If Housing Prices Rise Near Obama Center Site
Preservation of Affordable Housing aims to make all 240 apartments affordable to renters making 30-80 percent of the area median income, or about $28,000-$75,000 for a family of four.
Uptown’s Voice Of The People Marks 50 Years Of Fighting Gentrification With Virtual Concert, Fundraiser
The affordable housing nonprofit will host a virtual concert and fundraiser Thursday.
Closed South Chicago YMCA Set For Revival With $26 Million Renovation Of Senior Apartments, Community Center
"This was really a hub of activity in the heart of South Chicago until the YMCA closed," the developer said.