Pilsen Historic Landmark
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Pilsen Historic Landmark District Plan Killed By Key City Committee After Public Outcry
A separate measure aimed at banning demolitions for six months in Pilsen to slow gentrification failed to pass, too.
Controversial Pilsen Landmark District Plan Opposed By Neighbors Up For Vote Tuesday
For months, longtime Pilsen neighbors and the alderman have demanded a vote on the unpopular proposal, hoping it can be formally struck down. They worry it will stack working-class homeowners with added costs.
Pilsen Neighbors Ask City: Why Force A Landmark District We Don’t Want But Refuse To Save A Beloved Church?
Planning Commissioner Maurice Cox said the church was not in any “immediate threat” of being demolished — but smaller buildings in Pilsen are.
Pilsen Alderman Blasts City For Pushing Landmark District Residents Don’t Want As Officials Float A Smaller Plan
City officials attempted to allay fears around their plan to landmark 900 Pilsen properties to no avail. They also floated a smaller plan which would see 465 properties landmarked.
Pilsen Neighbors Demand City Scrap Landmark District Plan: ‘They Are Trying To Drag It Out’
Neighbors fear a landmark district would increase costs for longtime Latino homeowners, pushing them out of the area.