Phyllis Wheatley Home
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Residential Museum Ban Would Be ‘Death Knell’ For South Side Preservation, Black History Museums And Gallery Spaces, Critics Say
If Ald. Sophia King's proposal passes, it would restrict cultural projects at the Emmett Till residence, the Lu and Jorja Palmer mansion, the Phyllis Wheatley Home and other small libraries and gallery spaces.
City’s 7 ‘Most Endangered Buildings’ Of 2021 Unveiled By Preservation Chicago
Preservationists revealed their annual list of the seven places and spaces in Chicago they fear may be lost to demolition, development and Mother Nature Wednesday.
Demolition Court Looms For Chicago’s Last Phyllis Wheatley Home, Which Sheltered Black Women During The Great Migration
Researchers and residents are calling for the preservation of "a tangible place that holds the heritage and spirit of Black women" as the building's owner — and its longtime resident — seeks funding to restore her crumbling home.