- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Harriet Tubman Elementary Celebrates After Marquee Unveiled With New Name
Hundreds of students gathered in front of Harriet Tubman Elementary's new sign Monday, celebrating the school's name change to honor the famous abolitionist. "It makes me proud to be part of this school."
CPS Prepared To Switch To Remote Learning In City’s Least-Vaccinated Areas If Classroom Cases Spike
The district will evaluate COVID-19 cases "school by school, classroom by classroom" starting Jan. 3, when students are slated to return to school, CPS CEO Pedro Martinez said.
New CPS CEO Says He’ll Address Staffing Shortages And Transportation Issues For Students With Disabilities
Students with disabilities are still having trouble difficulty getting reliable transportation, and special education assistants have been pulled from classrooms because of staff shortages.
New Chicago Schools CEO Pedro Martinez Got A Pay Bump — And Will Outearn His Predecessor
Martinez's contract extends through June 2026. The school board votes Wednesday to formally appoint him.
6 Things To Know About Pedro Martinez, Chicago’s Next Schools Chief
The oldest of 10 children, Martinez grew up in Chicago, attended Benito Juarez High and has three sisters teaching in Chicago Public Schools.
New CPS CEO Will Be San Antonio Superintendent Pedro Martinez, A Juarez Graduate
Martinez, who worked for CPS under Arne Duncan, had been considering a frontrunner for the job to assume the reins from interim CEO José Torres.