- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Holiday Movies At The Patio Theater Are Back Starting This Weekend
New this year are table seating areas on the main floor for the movie showings to diversify the theater experience, its owner said.
After A Pandemic Slump, Portage Park’s Patio Theater Ready To Create Its Next Chapter
The owner has renovated parts of the old theater since taking it over in 2019 and plans to replace the marquee, bring back its historic "cloud sky" and hook up its organ once he has enough revenue.
Many Music Venues, Theaters Will Still Require Vaccinations After City Drops Mandate — But Masks Could Become Optional
The city is ending its mask and vaccine mandates for businesses. Performance venues are deciding what rules they'll keep as they try to woo back customers while prioritizing safety.
No Shot, No Show: List Of Chicago Music Venues Requiring Vaccines Grows As Industry Tries To Stay Afloat Amid Delta Surge
"As venues, we didn't sign up to lead the charge in public [health] safety, but we've been put in that position," one owner said.
First To Close, Last To Open: Will Chicago’s Independent Music Venues Survive The Coronavirus?
The owners of Chicago's music venues say federal relief efforts won't help them survive unless changes are made — and they're asking music fans to amplify their message.
Can The Patio Theater Finally Return To Its Former Glory? New Owner Aims To Bring Historic Theater Back To Life
Soon-to-be owner Chris Bauman wants to not only fix up the theater but bring in entertainment that can pay the bills. "It's a travesty tearing theaters like these down."