- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Side Overdoses Surge As Coronavirus Shutdown Makes It Harder To Access Addiction Help
About 1,400 people in Cook County have died of opioid overdoses, already surpassing last year's death toll.
From Murders To Suicides To Coronavirus, An ‘Unprecedented’ Number Of People Are Dying In Cook County
“People who live outside these communities need to see these numbers and have that gut punch feeling to understand what is happening to Black and Brown people," a community organizer said.
Opioid Overdoses Keep Surging in Chicago, Killing Black People On The West Side
Half of Cook County’s confirmed opioid-related deaths have been among Black residents, even though they make up less than a quarter of the county’s population. Officials warn that the COVID-19 pandemic has overshadowed the crisis.