- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Lightfoot Unveils Plan To Boost Affordable Housing In New Developments, But Some Aldermen Want Stronger Measures
Mayor Lori Lightfoot's plan would require 20 percent affordable units in some new developments, but a competing plan backed by aldermen seeks a minimum affordable requirement of 30 percent.
New Buildings In High-Income Neighborhoods Would Need 30 Percent Affordable Units Under Aldermen’s Proposal
The proposed overhaul of the city's affordable requirements ordinance would also stop letting developers pay a fee to get out of building on-site affordable units.
Turkey Giveaways Planned For Rogers Park, Uptown This Week
Local nonprofits A Just Harvest, ONE Northside and Communities Partnering 4 Peace are hosting Thanksgiving food giveaways.
Affordable Housing ‘Under Attack’ In Uptown, SRO Residents Say As Future Of Lorali, Darlington Hotels Uncertain
“A lot of us have nowhere to go and face homelessness if we are pushed out," one SRO resident said.