North Lawndale Restorative Justice Community Court
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
West Side Legal Aid Program Will Bring ‘Community-Led Holistic Supports’ To Break Cycle Of Crime
Justice Rising is a collaboration between four neighborhood groups that aims to create a model for how young people interact with the legal system.
Lawndale Christian Legal Center Receives National Recognition For Criminal Justice Work On West Side
The legal aid clinic helped establish the state's first Restorative Justice Community Court, and the re-arrest rates for its clients are a fraction of the national average.
‘We’re Not Going To Send You To Jail’: Avondale Restorative Justice Court Gives Alternative To Resolve Crime
It's the second court of its kind in Chicago. A third community court to resolve nonviolent crimes is opening in Englewood next week.
Restorative Justice Court Coming To Englewood
Similar to the North Lawndale court, Englewood's new restorative justice program will give nonviolent offenders a second chance.
Meet The New Judge Ruling Over Restorative Justice Court In North Lawndale: ‘This Court Is Your Fresh Chance’
The program that aims to repair harm instead of sending people caught up in the court system to jail is the first of its kind in the state.