Music Box Theater
- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
‘Skate Or Die,’ A Coming-Of-Age Documentary Set In Little Village, Debuts In Chicago Saturday
The feature, more than 10 years in the making, chronicles the young adult years of Little Village resident Leo Castillo as he navigates life on the Southwest Side through skateboarding.
Music Box Theatre Begins Phased Reopening This Weekend With Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’
The theater, 3733 N. Southport Ave., will open the back garden for 8:45 p.m. screenings of the classic Prince musical Friday-Sunday.
Music Box Theatre’s Virtual Cinema Allows Movie Buffs To Stream Indie Films At Home
The 90-year-old theater is letting viewers stream a hand-picked lineup of films at home, with proceeds benefitting theater staff and independent filmmakers.