- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Monty The Piping Plover Died From A Severe Respiratory Infection, Experts Announce
Monty died May 13 in front of volunteers who have watched over him since he and his mate, Rose, arrived on the beach in 2019.
Watch Monty And Rose On The Big Screen In New Documentary About Their Chicago Journey
The feature-length documentary is a sequel to a short film that was released in 2019. It will debut Saturday at the Music Box Theatre.
Monty And Rose’s 2 Plover Chicks Now Named Imani And Siewka As They Prepare To Fly South For Winter
The Chicago Audubon Society announced the names during a livestream from Montrose Beach after seeking suggestions from neighbors.
Baby Of The Family: Monty And Rose’s 4th Plover Hatches, And It’s ‘Healthy And Vocal’
This marks the third straight year Monty and Rose, the city's beloved piping plover pair, have successfully hatched eggs at Montrose Beach.
3 Of Monty And Rose’s Fluffy Chicks Hatch At Montrose Beach
Monty and Rose laid four eggs after a skunk attacked their previous nest. Three chicks hatched, with bird watchers waiting on the final one.
Baby Piping Plovers Are On The Way: Monty And Rose Lay 3 Eggs At Montrose Beach
It is the third-straight season Great Lakes piping plovers Monty and Rose have successfully nested along the lakefront in Chicago.
Famed Piping Plover Rose Returns To Montrose Beach For Third Straight Year, Now Has More Room To Roam
Rose, one half of the beloved Great Lakes piping plover pair with her mate Monty, has returned to Montrose Beach after wintering in the south.