- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Leone Beach Field House In Rogers Park Converted To Shelter For Migrants Bused From Texas
The oldest lakefront building in the city will temporarily serve as an emergency housing shelter to help the over 2,000 asylum seekers brought to Chicago from Texas.
750 Migrants Have Come To Chicago From Texas So Far. Here’s How To Help Them
Mayor Lori Lightfoot has said Chicago will need help to shelter and care for the migrants as they build lives in the city or prepare to move elsewhere.
The Chicago Chef Behind ‘Taste For The Homeless’ Is Now Cooking Free Food For Migrants Arriving From Texas
Michael "Chef Mike" Airhart said he'll keep helping refugees, he said: "This is our kind of town. This is what Chicago does for anybody who comes and needs help."
Pritzker Declares State Of Emergency To Fast Track Housing, Medical Care And More For Texas Migrants Bused To Chicago
About 500 migrants have arrived in Chicago since the end of August, and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott shows no sign of stopping his "political stunt," local officials said.
Texas Governor Is ‘Sowing Chaos’ By Sending Migrants To Chicago Without Helping Local Officials, Pritzker Says
Governors typically collaborate across states, but Abbott's administration is refusing to reply when Illinois asks about migrants, Gov. JB Pritzker said: "This is all a political game for Gov. Abbott — and, frankly, it's cruel."