- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham, Auburn Gresham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Jefferson Park, Portage Park, Norwood Park
- Lakeview, Wrigleyville, Northalsted
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
Ida B. Wells ‘Light of Truth’ Monument Unveiled In Bronzeville: ‘This Happened Because We Were Determined To Make It Happen’
"Ida represented the community, and it means a lot to have the community embrace this," Wells' great-granddaughter said Wednesday.
Ida B. Wells Monument To Be Dedicated In Bronzeville Wednesday
"Light of Truth" will be the first monument in the city to honor a Black woman.
TV Show ‘Chicago Stories’ Takes Closer Look At Ida B. Wells-Barnett’s Bronzeville Connections
"We were able to tell so much of the story about the history of Bronzeville by telling the story of Ida B. Wells," writer and producer Stacy Robinson said.
Once ‘Skimmed Over In History Books,’ Ida B. Wells Awarded Pulitzer Prize 9 Decades After Her Death
"That a Black woman, born into slavery, used the resources she had for justice, used journalism as a tool to combat an entire system, was shrewd."
Ida B. Wells Will Get The Monument She Deserves After Community Raises $300K
"This project is bigger than Ida ... It's about black women finally starting to get recognized for what we did and what we've contributed in this country."