- Austin, Garfield Park, North Lawndale
- Bronzeville, Near South Side
- Englewood, Chatham
- Hyde Park, Woodlawn, South Shore
- Lakeview, Boystown, Wrigleyville
- Lincoln Park, Old Town
- Lincoln Square, North Center, Irving Park
- Logan Square, Humboldt Park, Avondale
- Pilsen, Little Village, West Loop
- Uptown, Edgewater, Rogers Park
- Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Town
MAT Asphalt Owner Gets $10 Million Tax Break For Completed Building Under Program Meant To Spur Development
Michael Tadin Jr. defended applying for the incentive, saying there would be “no industry in Chicago” without it, as incentives make it attractive to develop in Chicago.
McKinley Park Neighbors Stage ‘People’s Hearing’ On Controversial Asphalt Plant
Residents and city inspectors say the smells coming from MAT Asphalt are so powerful, they start feeling sick within minutes of exposure.
Polluting Asphalt Plant In McKinley Park Surprised Local Leaders, Now A State Bill Requires State EPA To Warn Them
When MAT Asphalt came to McKinley Park in 2018, neighbors and city officials said they had no idea it was coming or that it would be applying for a pollution permit.
Amid Concerns Over Dust, Controversial McKinley Park Asphalt Plant Applies For EPA Permit Again
The IEPA denied its application in February, and residents like Kate Moser are growing increasingly concerned about the dust blowing off of asphalt trucks leaving the plant.